3.13.2007

Call me a pretzel

So, I started yoga classes today. I have a certificate for a free month, won in some freak winning streak at a Christmas party, when I won something like five free goodies in one night. The class was great; yes all in Korean (obviously), but it will help me learn my numbers. I thought I was doing pretty good until the part where we stood on one leg and lifted our other leg above our heads. You have to wonder how they thought up these poses....But, it was a good time and I was surprised at all the bizarre positions I actually could get my body into. So, I think I'm gonna dig this yoga thing. And soon....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Betsy,

I pulled a muscle just looking at that pose!

We sure do miss you around here. Life is going well. I passed my oral defense last week (in case you haven't heard), and mailed off the final copies of my dissertation yesterday. Now all that's left is to go to graduation.

Jackie Bolen said...

Wow...is that you in the picture? You are soooo hard-core.

Shar said...

That isn't you in the pix, is it? You are going to be buff b4 you know it. Wow! The Babar Yoga book has inspired you to go for it. I'm impressed. I got a Pilates ball. Now comes the hard work of using it. We must treat Steve with RESPECT since he is Dr.C. But that is not too hard!

betsy said...

why, uh, yes, of course that's me...uh...or not...at all....yet.

L. Kuah said...

i am sooo proud of you for starting yoga, bets! let me know how it goes and if you want, i can recommend some yoga practices (audio) that the founder of the yoga studio i went to while living in DC recoreded (in ENGLISH) if you want to practice on your own!!!

cheers from a crazy weather day in London!

Laura