2.23.2009

Top 15 Songs EVER : part 2

12) Old Friends/Bookends Theme : Simon & Garfunkel -- Beautiful, poignant lyrics (as always with Paul Simon), lovely guitar work, and a string arrangement that images the words so wonderfully -- like that dissonant part in the middle, sort of soaring, but scary at the same time. The album that this is from, Bookends, is definitely on my top 10 albums.

OLD FRIENDS, BOOKENDS THEME - Simon & Garfunkel


11) Be Your Husband (Live) : Jeff Buckley -- The first time I heard this song, I freaked. The breadth and depth of the vocals, the breaths and falsettos...he's got this blues thing down. An inspiration to any vocalist. And all done a capella...flipping awesome.




10) Paranoid Android : Radiohead -- I know more than half of us probably have this on our top 15, so it basically speaks for itself: A-mazing.

Paranoid Android - Radiohead


What phenomenal music awaits us?!?! We'll find out in the next installment...

1 comment:

Mipa said...

Betsy!
Are you still alive? I haven't heard from you in a while.... "Talk to me~ oooo, talk to me~"

Guess what! i just started my very first blog yesterday! come see~~

http://aliensdayout.blogspot.com/